1.3 million tonnes of copper in JORC Mineral Resources contained in two advanced projects, namely Kalkaroo and Mutooroo.
Excellent logistics, being located in northeastern South Australia near Broken Hill with the Transcontinental railway and main highway nearby.
An ethical source of copper from a low sovereign risk, tier 1 environmental, social and governance (ESG) destination.
OZ Minerals is presently undertaking a comprehensive Study Program over a period of 18 months (commenced 1 September 2022, unless extended or earlier suspended) with the aim of completing an updated PFS on Kalkaroo.
– One of the larger undeveloped open pit copper deposits in Australia.
- Contains 1.1 million tonnes of copper, 3.1 million ounces of gold and 23,200 tonnes of cobalt in Measured, Indicated and Inferred JORC Mineral Resources.
- Project is well advanced with granted mining lease, earlier PFS, and land ownership.
- OZ Minerals is presently undertaking a comprehensive Study Program to update the PFS to determine whether to exercise the Kalkaroo Option and purchase 100% of Kalkaroo for a sum of $205 million (plus potentially additional contingency payments).
- Regional exploration is continuing under the Strategic Alliance that is being funded by OZ Minerals.
– One of the higher grade sulphide cobalt deposits (0.16% cobalt) in Australia with associated copper (1.53% copper).
- Contains 195,000 tonnes copper, 20,200 tonnes of cobalt and 82,100 ounces of gold in Measured, Indicated and Inferred JORC resources.
- Concept is for an initial shallow open pit exploiting >1.3% Cu and 0.14% Co Measured and Indicated resources followed by underground mining of higher grade Inferred resources >1.7% Cu and 0.17% Co.
- Very high exploration potential for new discoveries in the surrounding 100% owned exploration licences. Drilling of numerous targets planned.
COPPER MINING FEASIBILITY STUDY STEPS
Where Havilah's advanced copper projects sits.
Copper, gold, cobalt JORC Mineral Resource inventory – 1.3 million tonnes of copper, 3.2 million ounces of gold and 43.4 thousand tonnes of cobalt.
Kalkaroo copper-gold-cobalt deposit – 100 million tonne open pit JORC Ore Reserves of 0.474 million tonnes of copper and 1.4 million ounces of gold.
Mutooroo copper-cobalt-gold deposit – 13.1 million tonnes of 1.53% copper, 0.16% cobalt and 0.20 g/t gold open pit massive sulphide deposit.
Iron ore – three deposits namely Maldorky and Grants JORC Resources and Grants Basin, with potentially several billion tonnes of iron ore mineralisation.
Over 16,000 km² of highly prospective mineral tenements in South Australia – unmatched elsewhere in Australia.
*Note that not all announcements are posted on this website. Click here to see all announcements on ASX
*Items shown in photographs on this website may not necessarily be assets of Havilah Resources.